We hire a select few interns every fall/spring/summer, working on various applied Machine Learning and Data Science projects.
As a small startup, we can only take interns capable of completing high-value projects independently. This means you must at least be in your junior year of college (graduate students preferred).
Interns must have extremely strong Python skills and collaborative software development experience (Github, CI/CD, etc), as well as extensive coursework in Data Science, Analytics, or Machine Learning. Please link to your favorite project (Github, blogpost, etc), ideally something that showcases your: writing skills, ability to produce graphics/visualizations, coding skills, Data Science knowledge, creativity, and overall desire to use AI to solve impactful problems.
Internships may be fully remote, but if you prefer to work in an office, we have a nice one in San Francisco.
Working at Cleanlab is awesome! Beyond the opportunity to work at a well-funded AI startup with an incredible, friendly founding team of MIT graduates, all full-time employees receive the following:
- Annual travel stipend
- Travel enhances our empathy with different cultures and enables us to work together more effectively. It’s how we grow and learn: traveling is an essential part of what makes us human. At Cleanlab, every two months you will receive a reimbursable travel benefit. This is a unique benefit that lets you work from Paris for a week in February, then take a backpacking trip in the Andes for a weekend in March.
- Premium health insurance (+ dental and vision)
- We provide a fantastic $4 (we cover the rest) health insurance option. We also provide a $0 deductible 100% coverage premium health care option for those who prefer the best health insurance.
- Stipend for attending conferences to keep up with the latest innovations in ML and software.
- Competitive salary (+ equity offering for certain roles), with regular opportunities for a raise if things are going well.
The compensation range for this role is $30 to $50/hr. The final offer details are determined by several factors including candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the pay range provided.
Prior to Cleanlab, our founders (3 ML PhDs from MIT) worked at OpenAI, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, AWS, Facebook AI Research (FAIR), Dropbox, Oculus, Palantir, NASA, General Electric, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, MIT, Harvard, and Stanford – at every place we worked we repeatedly encountered the same issue – AI solutions failed to work reliably on real-world, human-centric data due to label errors and poor data quality. So, we spent eight years of PhD research at MIT inventing a new field to solve this problem and after successful pilots with world-leading organizations, Cleanlab emerged.
Everything we do at Cleanlab is guided by our north star – to improve the world’s ML data more easily and quicker than any other solution – enabling AI systems to train more reliably on real-world, messy, error-prone data. We develop next-generation data-centric AI, open-source algorithms and provide no-code SaaS enterprise solutions to help individuals and teams at companies (across all industries) diagnose/fix issues in their datasets and produce more reliable ML models by providing clean labels for training.
While many companies can help store/manage data or develop ML models, there exist few solutions today to improve the quality of existing data, which is the core asset of the modern enterprise. This is where you come in. At Cleanlab, you’ll be able to take ownership of critical projects that pioneer the future of data-centric AI.
We are a hybrid company, with over half of our team (and office) located in San Francisco.
- Read about the Cleanlab team here.
- Read how Cleanlab went from MIT PhD research to tech used by Amazon, Google, etc here.
- See what Google, Tencent, and other Cleanlab users think here.
How to Apply
- Apply here: https://cleanlab.ai/apply